Av. 9 d’Octubre, 7 46520 Port de Sagunt – Valencia
Authorisations: 2 days
Recording: 24 hours
Telephone number: : +34 962 655 859
The Management Complex consists of the headquarters, the garden city, the casino and the staff shop. The former steelworks headquarters (1921) are made from masonry and carved stone, with an interior clad in noble materials. This building housed the management staff of various companies, who had set up in the port due to the boom in the steel industry (CSM, AHV and AHM).
Behind is the Garden City: a residential area dating back to the 1920s that stands out from the rest of the town.
This area consists of 22 chalets or residential dwellings conceived for the factory’s middle managers (technical engineers) and residential mansions for its senior management. With wide roads and pavements and gardens with an array of plants, trees and bushes to ensure the family’s privacy, this was a restricted mobility and pedestrianised zone.
Scholars of the subject highlight the northern (Basque-Atlantic) character of these single-family semi-detached mansions, which are particularly unusual as a building model in Mediterranean regions. It is the result of a calculated plan to recreate aspects of the living conditions of Basque executives: both architecturally and in terms of the garden and residential areas.